- Annual Literature Award: Seeking Eden: A Collection of Georgia’s Historic Gardens
- Award of Excellence in Botanical Art and Illustration: Joseph Banks’ Florilegium: Botanical Treasures from Cook’s First Voyage
- Award of Excellence in Botany and Floras: Flora of the Chicago Region: A Floristic and Ecological Synthesis
- Award of Excellence in Children and Young Adults Literature: The Girl Who Drew Butterflies: How Maria Merian’s Art Changed Science
- Award of Excellence in Gardening and Gardens: Heirloom Vegetable Gardening: A Master Gardener’s Guide to Planting, Seed Saving, and Cultural History
- Award of Excellence in History: Gardens of the Roman Empire
Several UW Botanic Gardens current and former staff had a role in these awards. Laura Blumhagen (The Girl Who Drew Butterflies) and Jessica Moskowitz (Heirloom Vegetable Gardening) each nominated one of the winning books. Former director David Mabberley wrote the commentaries on the plates in Joseph Banks’ Florilegium. Brian Thompson is the chair of the Awards committee.
More about the winners is at www.cbhl.net/award-winners. All books are in the collection of the Elisabeth C. Miller Library and currently in a special display. Come and take a look at these award winners!